Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas at St. Francis School

Today was a busy day and a perfect example of a mother's multi-tasking skills. We were up at 6:20 am-breakfast for the boys, get them ready for school (thank God for school uniforms!) and then-oh yea! I have to get ready, too! (I wish I was in a uniform today...I hate regular clothes.)

Christmas presents for the teachers? Check!
Backpacks and lunches? Check!
Homework. library books,and signed forms? Check!
Payments for whatever is going on at school this month? Check!
Kids in car? Check!

Finally! On the road-

Kids have their jackets and schoolwork and backpacks? Check!
Mom has camera, gifts, and school nurse stuff? Check!

Now-run to the classrooms. Dante gives me a kiss at the threshold, Jonah pulls on my arm to get him to preschool. I drop him off, stay a few minutes to chat up the teachers and give them their giftsand then off to Mass with Dante.

After Mass-unlock the nurses office, take attendance and then run to St. Clare's hall have breakfast with Jonah and Santa and the rest of the preschoolers, pre-k kids and their parents.

Back to the nurses office for recess boo-boo-s and owies and general hugs from and to the kids.

To Dante's class with gifts for the teachers.

Back to the nurse's office to orient a new volunteer and clean up the space for the Christmas break. (No Christmas mice in the Health Office!)

Lock up, wish everyone a Merry Christmas and pick up Dante. I was hoping to leave with empty arms but I received back as many Christmas goodies as I gave! Trudge up the hill to preschool to pick up Jonah and then to lunch with the kids. (We always go out to lunch when it's half day at school. Our tradition...) Home for nap and then some down time! Yay! I think my days at the school are just as exhausting as my 12 hour shifts at the hospital. I can't quite figure out why...

Here are some pictures of the past two days at school. Merry Christmas to all of you!







No comments: