Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Well, I made it through the day dry eyed! I guess I cried it all out before the 'Big Day.' Wednesday I actually have to LEAVE Jonah; today was just an 'open house' to help ease the transition for the three year olds (and their parents) into seperating for a few hours. Jonah had no problems. In fact he asked me a few times, "why you still here?" He is very excited and proud to be going to school like his big brother, Dante. He was so excited in fact, that he woke up two times asking if it was time for school, then got up at 5:30, dragging his backpack upstairs to our room and telling us to get up. I hope his enthusiasm lasts throughout the year. Dante could have cared less one way or the other. When asked if he was excited to start 1st grade he shrugged and nodded at the same time. That is ambivialance at its best! He came home happy but tired. The next two weeks are half days only: a good transition for everyone.









No comments: